[Xastir] Good, better, best non-attended APRS repeater/Igate equipment sets

Jeff Brenton KA9VNV ka9vnv at dididahdahdidit.com
Fri Mar 27 08:53:25 EDT 2009

Hello WE7U,

CW> How about a wireless ethernet router or a gigabit router running
CW> OpenWRT and the ham radio add-ons? That would be a tiny device
CW> running Linux, with AX.25 kernel networking ports. Add on a KISS
CW> TNC or a Tracker2 TNC and a radio. I suppose a DR-135T + a T2-135
CW> TNC would fit the bill.

Anyone running OpenWRT or similar should take a look at this article:

http://dronebl.org/blog/8

There is an exploit out there in the wild taking over some
MIPS-equipped routers using OpenWRT and DD-WRT to make them part of a
botnet.

Hopefully, everyone is using strong passwords...

--
Best regards,
Jeff Brenton KA9VNV