[Xastir] Mac OSx Problems..... please help if you can

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 18:09:38 EDT 2009

Using someone's recent suggestion of a binary install of OpenMotif
(instead of the source build I was trying) solved most of my problems
on leopard.  I don't use macports or fink at all, so naturally my
suggestion is to completely dump macports and/or fink (or at least
ignore them, if at all possible) and use the binary motif install
recently mentioned on the list, get ImageMagick, libtiff, libgeotiff,
libcurl, and wget, and do the standard ./configure;make/sudo make
install.

My build went OK. One issue was the fact that configure couldn't find
the motif headers when I did a binary install.  I'm tempted to put in
a change request to add /usr/OpenMotif (note to self: check spelling
first) since using this binary install is a good way for mac users to
get motif.

Another issue may be my configuration.  I am using my maps (including
the two .sys files) that' I've been using for years, and xastir is
crashing.  Funnily enough, it's crashing with the same error as the
xubuntu VM was a few weeks back.  I've dumped my map config and the
problem went way, but now all my maps look like crap.  I'll go through
the map config again when I get time and see if the error comes back.

-Jason
kg4wsv