[Xastir] Placing Markers on map

William McKeehan mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
Tue Mar 31 22:07:00 EDT 2009

That's how I do it, and I use a bit of Windows software, "GPS Utility"
(www.gpsu.co.uk) to generate the shape files. GPSU is designed primarily to
manage waypoints/tracks for a GPS unit, but it imports and exports a lot of
formats, one of which happens to be shapefiles. I had to write my dbfawk files
by hand, but that's not too difficult.
--
William McKeehan
KI4HDU