[Xastir] Placing Markers on map

AC7YY - Kim ac7yy at comcast.net
Tue Mar 31 22:18:19 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-31 at 14:41 -0700, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> *) Draw CAD Polygons using Xastir itself to represent the items of
> interest.  These do not get transmitted, and are re-loaded at
> startup.

Curt's comment reminded me of a question I have been meaning to ask.
During flood season we use CAD Polygons to designate flooded areas here
in 'Swamp Town' at our city EOC. This gives our city EOC incident
commander a real-time view of the affected city areas and as information
is available we designate flooded areas though-out the county. We add
objects, one for each flooded area, which are transmitted one hop so our
county EOC can see them on their map. These objects help the Incident
Commander at the county EOC somewhat see what is happening in real-time,
but he can not see the area of the CAD Polygon where flooding is taking
place.

The only way I have thought of to update the county EOC with our city
EOC map is to take a screen shot every hour or so and then email that
screenshot to the county EOC for viewing.

Anyone have a better idea? Sure would like to make it a real-time update
and over RF.

73
kim - ac7yy