[Xastir] Weather Display

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Sun May 24 02:44:02 EDT 2009

I'm the volunteer technician for a small community radio station in a
rural town. The entire station is operated by volunteers.

I'm in the process of setting up a computer running xastir that will
provide a display of weather information from some local automatic
weather stations. The purpose is to provide presenters with current
(hourly, or better) weather information, both locally and in adjacent
towns. The computer would have been installed yesterday except for the
slight inconvenience of a major flood in the town! Yes, we escaped problems.

The one parameter that is missing from the xastir display that would be
useful (for my specific application), is rainfall and, specifically the
progressive total for the day. Is it possible to add this facility? I'm
not a programmer but I'm not adverse to "having a go" if pointed in the
right direction.

As an aside, the studio is located in a disused concrete water reservoir
and the station's official callsign is 2WET. The xastir installation
will be using VK2WET with the symbol H2O.

Ray vk2tv