[Xastir] Mac OS X serial port woes

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Nov 9 14:04:34 EST 2009

On Sun, 8 Nov 2009, Jason KG4WSV wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 10:58 AM, Chip G. <n1mie at mac.com> wrote:
>
>> I've always had trouble with the Keyspan drivers unless I use one of the
>> "cu" variants.
>
> I had recalled someone having that trouble.  I failed to mention that
> I have tried both the tty and cu variants with the same results.

Verify that those damn USB devices haven't moved to another device
name on you.  I used to have that happen a lot, with the USB-Serial
device alternating between /dev/ttyUSB0 and /dev/ttyUSB1.  Drove me
nuts (now you know how I got this way).  As I recall Xastir would
lock up if I tried to open the wrong one.