[Xastir] Xastir Map Chooser and wget

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 10:46:17 EST 2009

On 11/27/09, Michael Curry <ki6tyv at arrl.net> wrote:

> [*]: Two "recommended options" that xastir's configure script set to "no"
> were:
>
> GraphicsMagick/ImageMagick (Raster Maps)
> map caching (raster map speedups)
>
> I think this *could* be because i wasn't able to install libmagickcore-dev
> from
> Debian's "lenny" (stable) package repository, and I haven't yet figured out
> how to
> persuade apt-get to obtain it from the "squeeze" (testing) package
> repository.
>
> ==> How likely is it that absence of the ImageMagick feature would prevent
> xastir
> from seeing (or honoring) the .geo files in the maps/ directory?
>
> Thanks for the help so far!
>
> 73,
>
> Michael Curry, KI6TYV

Yes, the imagemagick development package in Lenny would most likely be
named libmagick9-dev (same as the one for Ubuntu 8.10).  Do a search
in Synaptic for "libmagick" and install the most recent version.  For
map caching, you need the Berkely development package.  The one
applicable to Ubuntu 8.10 was libdb4.7-dev.  Just to be sure, I would
also do a Synpatic search for "libdb" and pick the most recent dev
package (it might be version 4.6 or 4.8 for Lenny - not sure).

Finally after installing the above, delete your hidden .xastir
directory under your home and then re-compile Xastir.  That should
hopefully fix your map issue.

Regards,

Lee - K5DAT
Murphy, TX