[Xastir] xastir will not come up

Denton K Larson radioguy at frontiernet.net
Thu Oct 22 11:14:58 EDT 2009

Hi everyone

I have a problem with my laptop. Here is what I've got.

dlarson at dlarson-laptop-dell:~$ xastir

Built-in map types:
      gnis   USGS GNIS Datapoints
       pop   USGS GNIS Datapoints w/population
       map   APRSdos Maps
       map   WinAPRS/MacAPRS/X-APRS Maps
       pdb   PocketAPRS Maps

Support for these additional map types has been compiled in:
       geo   Image Map (ImageMagick/GraphicsMagick library, many formats
allowed)
       geo   URL (Internet maps via libcurl library)
       shp   ESRI Shapefile Maps (Shapelib library)
       tif   USGS DRG Geotiff Topographic Maps (libgeotiff/libproj)
       xpm   X Pixmap Maps (XPM library)
       tab   MapInfo TAB
       mid   MapInfo MID
       mif   MapInfo MIF
       ddf   Spatial Data Transfer Standard (SDTS)
       rt1   US Census Bureau TIGER/Line
       s57   International Hydrographic Organization (IHO) S-57
       dgn   MicroStation DGN

festival_client: connect to server failed
SayText: Couldn't open socket to Festival
XReadBitmapFile() failed: Bitmap not found?
/usr/share/xastir/symbols/2x2.xbm
dlarson at dlarson-laptop-dell:~$

I am at a loss to this. I did have it running but not more :-(  .

Can anybody help me?

Denton Larson WB0ZUR
Arlington, MN