[Xastir] Black online maps

Tom Hayward esarfl at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 23:25:56 EDT 2009

> I believe the issue is related to QuantumDepth being set to 8 in the build
> of GraphicsMagick/ImageMagick.  If that's correct, the only solution is to build
> that package from source and force QuantumDepth to 16 at configure time.

Ok.. I built GraphicsMagick from source with ./configure
--with-quantum-depth=16, then installed. Then re-configure, build, and
install xastir. Xastir configure reported using GraphicsMagick (so it
seems my build and install were successful), but I'm still getting
black raster maps.

I checked that quantum depth is 16...
tom at t2:/usr/local/include/GraphicsMagick/magick$ grep Quantum magick_config.h
/* Number of bits in a pixel Quantum (8/16/32) */
#define QuantumDepth 16

Maybe I've encountered a different problem?

Tom KD7LXL