[Xastir] Gating Wx alerts to RF

Dean Groe warpedspeed1 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 25 13:54:38 EDT 2010

I am back, still no answers.

Apparently we MUST turn on Allow RF ->Inet and Inet ->RF traffic.  No one has said otherwise, and I see no clear guidance on this.

I decided to try using the APRS-IS filters to see if that would be a solution, or more accurately a workaround.
So here is what I have in my Filter Parameters of the Internet interface;
m/75 -t/poiqstuw -d/A*/K*/N*/W* -b/WIDE/RELAY

I have always had the 75K range filter, the rest is additional, in an attempt to limit the traffic.  Unfortunately, it is not limiting at all.  The range filter still seems to work, but the rest is being ignored.
Is Xastir limited to one APRS-IS filter parameter?

So right now I have an almost constant stream of data being transmitted on the Internet interface.
Pretty much everything that the radio receives, is gating to the Internet interface.
In fact there is a local butthead running RELAY,WIDE,WIDE and I am transmitting his beacons!
I will probably shut down the Allow RF ->Inet and Inet ->RF traffic soon.

We currently have a Tornado Watch in effect and some heavy weather moving in from the Northwest.

This is beyond frustrating.

Dean  KD4TWJ

Message: 2