[Xastir] Open OS Maps for the UK

James A Vincent pseudonoise at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 14:24:23 EDT 2010

At long last the Ordnance Survey have released a range of maps for the
UK. I have downloaded samples of both the OS Street View® raster TAB and
Strategi® shapefile maps and tried to get them to load in Xastir.

https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/opendatadownload/products.html

I didn't have any success with either sets. I'm sure I've complied
support in v1.9.5

james at boffin:~$ xastir

Built-in map types:
      gnis   USGS GNIS Datapoints
       pop   USGS GNIS Datapoints w/population
       map   APRSdos Maps
       map   WinAPRS/MacAPRS/X-APRS Maps
       pdb   PocketAPRS Maps

Support for these additional map types has been compiled in:
       geo   Image Map (ImageMagick/GraphicsMagick library, many formats
allowed)
       geo   URL (Internet maps via wget)
       shp   ESRI Shapefile Maps (Shapelib library)
       tif   USGS DRG Geotiff Topographic Maps (libgeotiff/libproj)
       tab   MapInfo TAB
       mid   MapInfo MID
       mif   MapInfo MIF
       ddf   Spatial Data Transfer Standard (SDTS)
       rt1   US Census Bureau TIGER/Line
       s57   International Hydrographic Organization (IHO) S-57
       dgn   MicroStation DGN

Any one had success using the new OS maps ?

Thanks,

James G1PVZ