[Xastir] How do I use a Tiny Trak 4 (TT4) with Xastir?

Norman Heyen n.heyen at comcast.net
Sun Apr 25 23:29:25 EDT 2010

OK, I can transmit (at least I get a packet seen on aprs.fi every 30 minutes
or when I restart or hit "transmit now").

My station is KC9NVN, aprs.fi gives me a "good path" status and I can see
the transmitted data in the raw packets screen.

But even though the radio seems to receive data, I'm not seeing traffic in
Xastir. The Incoming Data window just shows my transmit packet, nothing
else. The amber "carrier detect" LED on the TT4 doesn't light up except
every once in a while, seemingly randomly.

Basically I can talk but cannot hear.

Any thoughts to what settings I should change or look at? Seems like I'm
close but don't know what to try next.

My D7 is getting a bunch of stations (including KC9NVN, me) but nothing
shows up in Xastir.

Thanks for any assistance,
Norman
KC9NVN