[Xastir] New Xastir binary package for Ubuntu

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 13:48:32 EDT 2010

On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 10:49 PM, David A Aitcheson
<david.aitcheson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 08/08/2010 10:58 PM, Lee Bengston wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Fyi, I posted a new binary Xastir 1.99 package for Ubuntu 10.04 based
>> on source code from CVS built on August 7, 2010.  This captures the
>> OSM tile support including the enhancements using libcurl.
>>
>> The download link is in the Wiki at
>> http://www.xastir.org/wiki/HowTo:Ubuntu_10.04-binary
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Lee - K5DAT
>> Murphy, TX
>>
> Lee,
>
> Make sure Kamal and/or Ubuntu-Hams are kept in the loop (CC'd this
> time) so they can stay in step.  The last thing the groups need is
> conflicting versions of Xastir that are out of step with one another.

Dave,

I can CC the Ubuntu-Hams list if you want, but fyi this is not a
binary intended for launchpad.  It's built from pre-compiled source
code using dpkg-deb as opposed to building it the 'debian' way.  I
find it much easier to re-spin a new deb package when a significant
change to Xastir comes along using the dpkg-deb method, and if I ever
get around to scripting what I'm doing manually now, it will be
extremely fast.

Also fyi, the new deb package I just posted is a replacement for the
package that was previously posted in July (which was a replacement
for a previous version from either May or June), so it's not like I
did something brand new here.

Regards,

Lee - K5DAT
Murphy, TX