[Xastir] Xastir 2.0.0 on Arch Linux

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 10:55:15 EST 2010

On Tue, 21 Dec 2010, Lee Bengston wrote:

> I'm not familiar with creating Arch binary packages, but do they, like
> Debian, install Xastir under /usr/share as opposed to
> /usr/local/share?  I'm guessing that your utility that creates a new
> binary package is trying create it from your newly compiled Xastir 2.0
> files, but it is expecting to find them under /usr/share when they are
> actually under /usr/local/share.  If that is the case, you can
> re-compile Xastir 2.0 under usr/share by modifying a line in Xastir's
> configure script.
>
>  ac_default_prefix=/usr/local  - is the normal line - change it to
>  ac_default_prefix=/usr

     ./configure -h

Shows that this should do it also:

     ./configure --prefix=/usr

When I do that I see this get added to compile lines:

     -DXASTIR_DATA_BASE=\"/usr/share/xastir\"

and "make -n install" shows that it would attempt to install in:

     /usr/bin
     /usr/share
     /usr/lib

instead of the default /usr/local/* areas.