[Xastir] Xastir 2.0.0 on Arch Linux

Mike H mph at swcp.com
Tue Dec 21 18:40:52 EST 2010

> Also, if you would rather not do the CVS thang, you can patch your Makefile.am
> and rebootstrap to get the same fix into 2.0.0.  Just change the lines
> above in Makefile.am to:
>
> install-data-hook:
>         cd $(DESTDIR)$(mapdir)&&  \
>         rm -f CC_OpenStreetMap.png&&  \
>         $(LN_S) CC_OpenStreetMap_logo.png CC_OpenStreetMap.png
>
> and run bootstrap.sh to regenerate the Makefile.ins (you will need autoconf and
> automake installed to do that part, but you also need those for CVS xastir
> anyway).  Then reconfigure and try building with the package management tool.

I did the edit to Makefile.am as suggested above using $(DESTDIR) and
Arch's more logical choices of $(pkgdatadir) and $(prefix).  In all
three cases ./bootstrap.sh ran to completion after the edit, yet Arch's
makepkg always aborts at exactly the same place as I indicated in the
original post.  What is interesting is that inspection of Makefile.am
immediately after every abort shows that it has reverted back to the
original, unedited line

                             cd $(mapdir) && \

I suspect there is some global/environmental variable I need to set in
the makepkg.conf file to prevent makepkg from choking.  I want to
re-emphasize that makepkg runs fine on the original PKGBUILD with the
1.9.8 tarball and that I can build a 2.0.0 binary just fine outside of
makepkg.  I apologize if this question is too distro-specific for this
mailing list.  I can take it to the Arch forums if necessary.

Mike WB2FKO/DL