[Xastir] Deb distro with Mepis 11 ?

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 16:15:45 EST 2010

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 4:19 AM, Tony Hunt <wavetel at internode.on.net> wrote:
> Ive installed the latest Mepis 10.9.82 Alpha distro on my eepc. THis is a Mepis 11 prerelease . Its running debian squeeze if you like.
>
> I tried installing the last xastir deb file from Lee but it failed and complained about the infamous libmotif3 in that it could not fulfill the dependancy. I did the same test with mint debian (latest release squeeze/testing based) which is dated december 2010. Same issue with libmotif3.

The binary you attempted to use was the one I built specifically for
Debian Stable and Mepis 8.0/8.5.  Motif may still be available for
Squeeze, albeit in a repository that is not enabled by default, but
the package name may not match even if there is a package there.

I never did create binaries for the Debian Squeeze/Linux Mint Debian
genre, mainly because I didn't realize that the package in the
standard repository for those newer Linux distro's was still such an
old build of Xastir.  Any binaries I make are simply user-provided,
'courtesy to the community' type things, so I certainly haven't made
any promises.

I did write a step by step for installing Xastir from source in Linux
Mint Debian.

http://www.xastir.org/wiki/HowTo:Linux_Mint_Debian_%28201009%29

The above covers the September version, but I think it should still apply.

Regards,

Lee - K5DAT