[Xastir] Cygwin problem, probably routine

David Flood davidf4 at mindspring.com
Thu Feb 4 18:42:03 EST 2010

Rob,

How recently did you install and which set of installation directions
did you use?  If you had an installation previous to the recent
"upgrade" in Cygwin, I've found that doing that upgrade isn't worth it.
  Kill the Cygwin directory (or at least everything but the Home sub
direcotory) and then reinstall using the new directions in the
Readme.Cygwin file.  An upgrade from the old packages to the new ones
leaves too much garbage behind.

The other thing I'd try is to make sure that you aren't using a special
or add-on screen saver.  It's possible that the screen saver is changing
the screen resolution or pallet and that is messing with the X-Windows
session.

Dave
KD7MYC