[Xastir] {Dangerous Content?} RE: soundmodem stops decoding

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 15:36:44 EST 2010

On Tue, 16 Feb 2010, John Ronan wrote:

> I don't understand what the two options are for after the
> broadcast flag.  That's where it differs from my config.

>>      <pkt mode="KISS" ifname="sm0" hwaddr="" ip="10.0.0.1" netmask="255.255.255.0" broadcast="10.0.0.255" file="/dev/soundmodem0" unlink="1"/>

Those are for emulating a serial port, which will appear as
"/dev/soundmodem0".  You can then attach Xastir's "Serial KISS TNC"
interface directly to that filename.

If you configure with AX.25 kernel networking then you don't get
that in your setup but have to do additional things to bring up the
port before Xastir can connect to it with the "AX25 TNC" interface.