[Xastir] dbinfo on Ubuntu 9.10

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Thu Jan 7 22:00:05 EST 2010

On Thu, Jan 07, 2010 at 07:21:26PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <n8fau15 at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> Tom:
>
> I just wanted to be sure I didn't have any self inflicted conflicts in my
> installation, and also it gave me a chance to learn a bit more Linux...
>
> I loaded up the latest install CD with Ubuntu 9.10 and Xastir. When I went
> to the shapelib/contrib directory and opened up a window and typed make...
> Here are the results:
>
> bob at spare2-laptop:/home/a-user/src/xastir/src/shapelib/contrib$ sudo make -B
> cc -g -I.. -DPROJ4 -D_LITTLE_ENDIAN -DDEBUG -DDEBUG2  -c shpgeo.c
> shpgeo.c: In function ?SHPWriteSHPStream?:
> shpgeo.c:366: warning: ignoring return value of ?realloc?, declared with
> attribute warn_unused_result
> shpgeo.c: In function ?SHPWriteOGisWKB?:
> shpgeo.c:522: warning: too few arguments for format

> cc -g -I.. -DPROJ4 -D_LITTLE_ENDIAN -DDEBUG -DDEBUG2  dbfinfo.c ../shpopen.o
> ../dbfopen.o   -o dbfinfo
> dbfinfo.c: In function ?main?:
> dbfinfo.c:88: warning: format ?%ld? expects type ?long int?, but argument 2
> has type ?int?
> dbfinfo.c:88: warning: format ?%ld? expects type ?long int?, but argument 3
> has type ?int?

> cc -g -I.. -DPROJ4 -D_LITTLE_ENDIAN -DDEBUG -DDEBUG2  shpinfo.c ../shpopen.o
> ../dbfopen.o   ./shpgeo.o -lm -lproj -o shpinfo
> shpinfo.c: In function ?main?:
> shpinfo.c:125: warning: format ?%ld? expects type ?long int?, but argument 4
> has type ?int?

Those are warnings and can safely be ignored.  All of these operations have
succeeded.  The shapelib code produces lots of warnings for me, too, because
they've made some assumptions about the sizes of variable types and used
incorrect printf formats for them.

At any rate, you've successfully built all of contrib.  Install 'em and
enjoy.

  In some cultures what I do would be considered normal.
                                  -- Ineffective daily affirmation