[Xastir] Automake & Bit Depth

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sun Jan 10 13:03:02 EST 2010

On Sun, 10 Jan 2010, Chip G. wrote:

> Initially I was going to agree with you completely. But this is
> not totally true. Xastir won't compile with certain versions of
> automake.

I believe the most correct statement is that Automake and Autoconf
should have compatible versions installed.  I still don't believe
that the Xastir code has much to do with it, but I could be wrong.

I believe we have to have a minimum version of each, but anything in
the most recent 5 or 6 years should do, so it's not an unreasonable
requirement.

The problems I've had before have to do with an update to Automake
that doesn't work with the installed Autoconf, or vice-versa.  Those
two packages generally have to be upgraded together as they are
dependent on each other.