[Xastir] Fedora 12 Xastir cursor problem

George Karayannis m3rl1n at otenet.gr
Fri Jan 22 20:55:20 EST 2010

Hi Curt and thanks for the prompt answers

yep I get to bring the GUI down in native Fedora with Ctr+alt+F2, kill
xastir and then bring it up. Where it is most unpleasant is in the Vbox,
where the combo actually brings the host GUI down (Karmic) and not the
guest F12. It is indeed frustrating, since as you have guessed rightly,
I am stuck in the app and have to restart VBox.

I am actually more debian - Ubuntu inclined and my recent ventures into
rpms (F12 and Centos 5.4) have been of an exploratory nature. In Jaunty
and Karmic xastir works like a charm (also in CentOS). I will give
OpenSUSE a try though and if all goes well, I may just dump Fedora.

As I get to obsess from time to time, I have a team of CentOS ppl I can
talk to, maybe they can review the F12 crash warnings and give us some
heads up. Will report any findings.

cheers

George SV4LAX