[Xastir] Updating to 1.9.6

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 13:03:45 EST 2010

On Sun, 24 Jan 2010, Keith Kaiser wrote:

> Doing a ./configure produces the following, which says to report
> to xastir.org. How do I fix this so I can  run this new version?
> I'm on Mac OSx v10.6.2, the previous Xastir version 1.9.5 is up
> and running just great, so worst scenario I won't upgrade at all.

> checking curl/curl.h usability... no
> checking curl/curl.h presence... yes
> configure: WARNING: curl/curl.h: present but cannot be compiled
> configure: WARNING: curl/curl.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
> configure: WARNING: curl/curl.h: see the Autoconf documentation
> configure: WARNING: curl/curl.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
> configure: WARNING: curl/curl.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
> configure: WARNING: curl/curl.h: in the future, the compiler will take precedence
> configure: WARNING:     ## -------------------------------- ##
> configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to xastir at xastir.org ##
> configure: WARNING:     ## -------------------------------- ##
> checking for curl/curl.h... yes
> checking for curl_global_init in -lcurl... no

Check your libcurl install.  It looks like the development headers
were found but a test compile using the library and the
curl_global_init() function didn't work.  It might be a broken curl
install or mismatched headers/libs?

> checking for wget... /usr/local/bin/wget

In any case it found wget so you have the backup method working.
Xastir will use that in lieu of libcurl.

> checking for Motif headers... configure: error: **** NO MOTIF
> HEADERS FOUND **** install Motif  development headers or use
> --with-motif-includes to specify location of Xm/Xm.h

You don't have the OpenMotif development headers installed.  Or
Lesstif if you're using that instead.