[Xastir] OSM

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Thu Jul 22 09:37:54 EDT 2010

On Wed, 21 Jul 2010, Jason Rausch wrote:

> Kurt,
>
> I don't want to hijack your thread, but did you do anything special to
> get OSM going?  I have the latest version installed, but I cannot get
> the OSM option to index under the map list.  I have tried indexing the
> entire map list over and over.  No luck so far.
   I had the same problem, and it turned out to be I was looking at the
wrong maps directory.  I had a mixed-up installation due to an old Ubuntu
.deb version still lying around, and I was driving myself crazy putting
maps in the old directory and wondering why xastir wouldn't find them.

Find out where xastir is actually looking:

grep maps <~/.xastir/config/xastir.cnf

--
Rick Green

                                   -Benjamin Franklin

"As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our
safety and our ideals."
                                -President Barack Obama 20 Jan 2009