[Xastir] OSM

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 10:28:43 EDT 2010

On Wed, 21 Jul 2010, Jason Rausch wrote:

> I don't want to hijack your thread, but did you do anything
> special to get OSM going?  I have the latest version installed,
> but I cannot get the OSM option to index under the map list.  I
> have tried indexing the entire map list over and over.  No luck so
> far.

The comments about an earlier DEB (or RPM or other binary install)
messing up where the map directory was located is a bit of a common
one.  Binaries provided for particular OS'es often install in a main
OS location instead of the default location where a source install
will put it.

You might try this command:

     find /usr -type d -name xastir -ls

to see where all the "xastir" directories are.  If you have an
xastir/maps directory in more than one place, that could be your
problem.

You can stop Xastir and do these commands:

     cd
     mv .xastir .xastir.old
     xastir &

To move your Xastir per-user config directory out of the way and
create a brand-spanking new one that matches the locations your
binary expects.  This may require that you later move your old maps
to the new location for them to be seen as well.  With the above
method you can also look at your ~/.xastir.old/config/xastir.cnf
file to find out what your old settings were and copy bits and
pieces into the new configs.  I'd caution you against copying the
entire file across to the new .xastir directory, else you'll perhaps
end up with the crossed-installation paths again.

I hope that doesn't confuse the issue.