[Xastir] OSM

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 15:34:29 EDT 2010

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010, Kurt Savegnago wrote:

> I simply hit ./configure and when xastir said that this protocal
> wasn't present, I just downloaded the source for that protocol or
> option and built and installed it. I hit make clean in the Xastir
> directory and started over.

> I'm sure this is
> too much work but it's the only way I know.  Other folks here
> probably know better ways for other versions of linux.

Other than the "make clean" which I don't do as often as you, the
procedure above is the way I usually install Xastir on a new machine
or OS.  Of course I never claimed I do things the easy way and
there's plenty of anecdotal evidence that proves the opposite.

I've installed on RedHat (before it was RHEL & Fedora), Slackware,
Solaris, and OpenSuSE that way.  Probably others that I forgot.