[Xastir] 1.9.4 and problem with new Ubuntu 10.04

Kevin Ratcliff kevin at kevinratcliff.com
Wed Jun 2 07:57:46 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 8:11 PM, James Cameron <vk2lqz at wia.org.au> wrote:
> Yes ... you originally said that the X process was killed "after 2
> seconds Ubuntu restart and I have to log on again."  This observation
> was key.
>
> No program, not even Xastir, should ever be able to do this, unless
> there is a bug in the X driver.

I haven't been following all of this thread, but I recently had what
sounds like a very similar problem with Ubuntu 10.04 with an old
Nvidia card. X would segfault very quickly after starting Xastir. I
had an extra video card so I just changed it out rather then fooling
around with drivers and bug reports, and all is fine now. That's
probably not an easy option for a T40 though; I think that's a laptop?

Good luck, hope you find a solution!

Kevin
KB9MQU