[Xastir] Dell Xserver crash when starting CVS HEAD.

Peter Gamache peter+aprs at duonet.net
Tue Jun 8 23:12:33 EDT 2010

This may be more than just your problem, Jerry.

I was trying to train a group of folks on Xastir using assorted Dell laptops
just this evening.  Some worked, some didn't, yet all were using the version
from CVS HEAD, retrieved yesterday.  Just like yours, starting Xastir
resulted in the X server exiting and the laptops going back to the X login
screen.

All systems (working and not) were Xubuntu 10.04 (lucid) with latest
updates.  The X server version is:
xorg-server 2:1.7.6-2ubuntu7 (Bryce Harrington <bryce at ubuntu.com>)

I'll dig further to see which video cards are in the problematic systems.

Regards,
-Peter/KC0TFB

On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 07:58:09PM -0700, Jerry Dunmire wrote:
> That's great. Now if I could just figure out why xastir causes the
> xserver to crash on my Dell laptop. I have the same xastir code (head
> of CVS) running on two other Ubuntu 10.04 boxes without trouble now.
> The working systems have Nvida display boards, the Dell laptop does
> not. In any case, since the xserver crashes, it isn't really an xastir
> problem...

[SNIP]