[Xastir] Problem Configuring

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 18:08:25 EDT 2010

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010, Garland Sparks wrote:

> I am new to compiling anything, much less in Linux so I do not know 'RPM'
> command is exactly.  I am using the './configure' command to build Xastir.

> I found a list of necessary files in "readme.gitting-started" included with
> xastir download.  I installed the files from Ubuntu software center.

Ok.  Since you're using Ubuntu or a variant I'd suggest that you
look at the www.xastir.org site and click on "Installation Notes",
then on "Ubuntu", then select the version of Ubuntu you're working
with and follow those instructions to a 'T'.

I'm not an Ubuntu guy, so that may be about all I can directly help
you with, but you're on the mailing list now so speak up here if you
have trouble with those instructions or need further details.  I'm
sure some of the Ubuntu guys will jump in here and help.