[Xastir] draft Ubuntu 10.04 install instructions on wiki

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Mon May 3 21:50:49 EDT 2010

On 5/3/10, Kevin Ratcliff <kevin at kevinratcliff.com> wrote:

> ***** WARNING *****
> Berkeley DB header files/shared library file do NOT match!
> Disabling use of the map cache.
>  Header file: Berkeley DB 4.7.25: (May 15, 2008)
> Library file: Berkeley DB 4.8.24: (August 14, 2009)
> ***** WARNING *****
>
> I don't have time to look at this now. Anybody know the solution?

Hi Kevin,

It appears that in your current installation the "-dev" package for
libdb is version 4.7 while the libdb package is 4.8.  The new
instructions specify installing libdb4.7-dev, but it should read
libdb4.8-dev in order to match the libdb package that is probably
already installed by default in Ubuntu 10.04.

Regards,
Lee