[Xastir] Install Problem with I/F to TNC

Peter Gamache peter+aprs at duonet.net
Thu May 6 15:02:58 EDT 2010

I assume your host OS is Win32?  Without the VM open, do you see anything
coming from the TNC using windows comm programs (like Putty or
Hyperterminal)?

In VirtualBox, you need to bind the host OS serial device (Com1, in your
case) to a guest device, which would be something like /dev/ttyS0.  Since
you're running Xastir in the guest, you'll have to tell it to talk to
the guest device, /dev/ttyS0, not the host device, COM1.

-Peter, KC0TFB