[Xastir] Ubuntu 10.04 problem with repository xastir package

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sat May 8 08:46:35 EDT 2010

On Sat, May 08, 2010 at 12:11:11AM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <rtg at aapsc.com> flavor, containing:
> On Fri, 7 May 2010, Tom Russo wrote:
> >
> > The ideal fix is to update to a version of Xorg-server that has the fix.
> > Another option is to manually patch Motif libraries.  The third is to figure
> > out a way to work around it in applications.
> >
>   I'm going thru the xastirwiki 10.04 howto, and I find a section which
> directs me to recompile lesstif with a patch for a bug 'that prevents the
> right-click functionality from working in Xastir'.  Is this the same bug
> that you worked around?

Yes.  I did not have time to edit the wiki.  And I'm running out of the house
now for the day, so won't have time to do it now, either.  Feel free to
fix it if you have the time.

> Does it have to be fixed twice?

No.

 "It is better to live on your feet than to die with your knees."
  -- Mil Millington on running, in Instructions for Living Someone Else's Life