[Xastir] Bug Report - OSM PNG installation does not respect DESTDIR

Jeremy Utley jerutley at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 20:20:08 EST 2010

Curt, et al -

Tonite I was attempting to build latest stable version of Xasitr
(2.0.0) into RPM form on my new Fedora 14 installation.  When I build
RPMS, I use the very nice program "mock" which allows building of a
src.rpm file within a chrooted enviornment, to ensure your build
system stays pristine.  When I tried to do so, I found that there's at
least one part of the generated Makefile that does not properly
respect the DESTDIR variable.  In the makefile target
install-data-hook, the following code exists:

install-data-hook:
        cd $(mapdir) && \
        rm -f CC_OpenStreetMap.png && \
        $(LN_S) CC_OpenStreetMap_logo.png CC_OpenStreetMap.png

However, when building with DESTDIR, this code bails due to the fact
that it really should end up being:

cd $(DESTDIR)/$(mapdir)

instead.

Autoconf/Automake are not my strong point, so I have no clue how to
properly fix this within that structure, but I thought it would be
something you guys would want to know.

Jeremy, KE0MD