[Xastir] PNG snapshot issues

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 11:58:23 EDT 2010

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 4:08 AM, Tony Hunt <wavetel at internode.on.net> wrote:
> Lee .. I went with the thought of reinstalling libxpm4 but before that I
> first tried to enable the PNG snapshots again just to make sure it was still
> busted. Today it works fine. So on the basis that I can not reproduce the
> problem any more I guess we will drop it. Its certainly odd. Even a reboot
> of the whole machine yesterday would not fix it.
>
> Tony Hunt VK5AH

That is odd.  Error messages of those type are related to xorg issues.
 Opcode 188 is one of the "extensions" as opposed to being part of the
core X11 code.  Video drivers for ATI and NVidia chipsets appear to be
the most common cause of error messages like yours, but I don't know
if #188 is pointing to a video driver or something else.

Lee  - K5DAT