[Xastir] gpsman shapefile questions

Kevin Ratcliff kevin at kevinratcliff.com
Mon Oct 25 11:41:04 EDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 11:31 AM, Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org> wrote:
> Define "right way."  That's the way I do it, for sure.

I'd define it as something that works that's not going to break
anything else. Just wanted some confirmation that I was on the right
track.

> I've got a symlink /usr/local/share/xastir/maps/GPS/russo that points to
> my .xastir/gps directory.  If I actually had other uses on the box, that
> would allow everyone to work off the same maps dir, but each user the
> ability to load GPS maps as needed.

That's a good idea. I only have one user on my SAR laptop, but I can
see how others could benefit from that directory scheme.

Thanks Tom!

When I get this all figured out I'll try to write a quick gpsmanshp
howto on the Xastir wiki.

Kevin
KB9MQU