[Xastir] Tiger maps?

Alex Carver kf4lvz at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 3 23:38:33 EDT 2010

The latest version is 1.9.9 which has a lot of the OpenStreetMap code in it and cleaned up.

If you don't want to upgrade, just download the shapefiles for the TIGER maps from the Census Bureau.  They are available at:

http://www.census.gov/geo/www/tiger/

There was a format change somewhere that removed some data from the more recent data files but I don't recall which versions are affected.  But grab those files, put them in your maps directory and you should be good to go.  I use the TIGER shapefiles because Xastir isn't always connected to the network and when it is, it's sometimes a lot slower than pulling from disk.