[Xastir] Tiger maps?

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 14:26:25 EDT 2010

On Sun, 5 Sep 2010, Michael Lewis wrote:

> As for the other Xastir not too sure how to remove it.. I might just leave it
> I'm just on linux because of Xastir so much code to just get something simple
> to run.

Ha.  ;-)

Xastir itself is over 100,000 lines of C-code (that's not counting
comments or white-space).  It compiles/runs on a wide variation of
operating systems.  Right now with the technology used for the build
system in Xastir, what you just did is about as simple as it gets.
People worked hard on those scripts to make them work for most
situations.  Without the bootstrap.sh and configure scripts you'd
have had to hand-edit the Makefiles throughout the tree structure
for your system, and I can guarantee you wouldn't have like that!
hi hi

BTW:  The "configure;make;make install" invocation is pretty much
what you'll expect of most open-source apps out there if you install
from sources.  Once you've been around Linux/Unix for a while and
have installed things from the bleeding edge sources, you'll get
quite used to it.

Glad you got it going, and the Festival/Festival-devel install, then
configure;make;make install for Xastir shouldn't take long.
Festival must be running daemon mode by the way, before Xastir.
Since you got it running before there shouldn't be any difficulties
with that part the next time around.