[Xastir] Upgrade / Update 1.98 to 1.99 CVS

Dean Groe warpedspeed1 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 10 21:29:27 EDT 2010

------------------------------
Hmm, the above would all happen as shown in the event that entering
'cvs update' effectively did nothing.

What happens if you do the following at the command line in a new
blank directory?

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at xastir.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/xastir login
    (just hit enter when prompted for a password after the above command)

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at xastir.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/xastir co xastir

cd xastir

./bootstrap.sh

mkdir build

cd build

../configure

The above just downloads a fresh copy of 1.99 and runs with it.

Regards,

Lee - K5DAT
Murphy, TX

------------------------------

Yes, it appears that CVS update was not working against the previous 1.9.8 CVS
based updated source.  As you may have seen in my previous messages, that is the
suspicion that I have had.

As expected, the new fresh src build in a different directory did work.
Thankfully, 1.9.9 came up with my existing config options intact.  Of course, I
did have the important files backed up.

I was surprised to see that my existing Tiger 2008 shapefiles looked a little
different.  The road layer(s) looked a little different.  I like it, it is looks
better.

I may have a chance to take it for a drive tomorrow, to confirm that everything
else (interfaces) works OK.

Maybe one day I will have a chance to play around with the OSM stuff.

Thanks

Dean  KD4TWJ