[Xastir] Upgrade / Update 1.98 to 1.99 CVS

Dean Groe warpedspeed1 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 14 19:20:52 EDT 2010

> > FWIW, it appears that the problem was due to CVS not updating source.  I
> > downloaded source and built in a different directory and it worked OK.
>
> > Of course, that is not how this is supposed to work ideally, but that is what
>
> > was needed this time.
>
> Probably becase you tried the STABLE or RELEASE tags and those
> options are sticky, as Jerry mentioned.  Jerry wrote:
>
> > > Use 'cvs update -r HEAD'  instead of STABLE or RELEASE. The use of
> > > any tags in an update is sticky. You get what you asked for in
> > > this case.
>
> So if you had issued that command against your original directory
> you probably would have been able to then issue the "cvs update"
> command and gotten the latest CVS HEAD sources.  Perhaps you still
> have that directory around and can try it.

Understood, and agreed.
Going back down memory lane, the reason that I eventually threw my hands up and
tried the STABLE and RELEASE tags, was because cvs update was not working on
it's own.  The existing src was not being updated, thus configure indicating the
older version.

"You get what you asked for in this case."
This does beg a question, and I realize that I am asking this without
researching... So is 1.9.8 the current Stable release?  I assumed that it was
1.9.9  .

I do still have the original src directory, so if I can find some time, that
would be an interesting experiment.

Thanks

Dean  KD4TWJ