[Xastir] Is the New Gpsd Data Format Used?

Eldon Brown eldonb46 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 11:56:31 EDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 5:05 AM, Curt, WE7U <curt.we7u at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Sep 2010, Eldon Brown wrote:
>
>  I can not get xastir to accept "GPS" data from gpsd - I may just need to
>> find the "magic" that I am missing here :-)
>>
>> Does xastir use the new gpsd output format?
>>

> Yes.
>

>  Maybe Xastir has solved this problem and I just can't get it to work - if
>> not I suggest when it is solved (updated), that a new Menu Item is added
>> the "Interface Menu" for the new format (i.e., "Networked GPS*2* (gpsd)"
>> ),
>>
>> This would allow the "old and/or new" gpsd programs to be used. Or, maybe
>> xastir could pick and use either formats!!
>>

> Yes, I fixed this somewhat recently, in the last couple of months.
> Update to the latest Xastir CVS and it should work for you.
>
> Please subscribe to the list (again?).  Looks like your posting was
> rejected.
>
> --
> Curt, WE7U.                         <http://www.eskimo.com/~archer>
>   APRS:  Where it's at!                    <http://www.xastir.org>
>  Lotto:  A tax on people who are bad at math. - unknown
> Windows:  Microsoft's tax on computer illiterates. - WE7U.
> The world DOES revolve around me:  I picked the coordinate system!"

Thanks, Curt, I had subscribe using my generic email alias, the posting was
from my actual (most often used) mail reader - and therefore the post was
rejected. I have now corrected that on the list.

And thanks for the info on gpsd, it may be a while before I am able to build
xastir from the CVS, so for now I will have to continue using the old stuff.

Eldon - WA0UWH