[Xastir] I finally got it!

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 15:38:40 EDT 2010

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010, Michael Lewis wrote:

> Without the splitter in and I'm a bit embarrassed.. got minicom working on
> linux and I happen to be looking at the TT4 hardware manual and the firmware
> manual and I noticed the ABAUD was set to 4800 and in xastir it was set to
> 19200.. I was thinking to myself no way... I changed the setting and sure
> enough TT4 can transmit now in Xastir.

Don't be embarrassed at all.  Most of the time the most difficult
H/W and S/W problems turn out to be something really simple.  After
a while you get used to it.

Some of the most complex software bugs end up being patched with 1
to 10 lines of code.  Sometimes one character change.

Some severe hardware problems are caused by being one pin off on a
connector, or wiring the connector backwards.  *it happens.

Good deal on getting it working!