[Xastir] Is the New Gpsd Data Format Used?

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 22:42:33 EDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 11:32 AM, Curt, WE7U <curt.we7u at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Sep 2010, Eldon Brown wrote:
>> And thanks for the info on gpsd, it may be a while before I am able to
>> build
>> xastir from the CVS, so for now I will have to continue using the old
>> stuff.
>
> It's not all that difficult to build from CVS, but another way is to
> run an older version of gpsd.

I don't know what OS you are using, but if you happen to be on Ubuntu
10.04, Mepis 8.x, or Debian Lenny, there are Xastir binaries available
that include the new gpsd support.  The new gpsd support was added on
June 14th while the binaries were built in either August or September
depending on which one.

http://www.xastir.org/wiki/Downloads  (down past the live CD's under "Linux")
http://www.xastir.org/wiki/HowTo:Ubuntu_10.04-binary

Lee - K5DAT