[Xastir] I finally got it!

Michael Lewis subarub4 at optimum.net
Thu Sep 16 22:44:39 EDT 2010

Curt, WE7U wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Sep 2010, Michael Lewis wrote:
>
>> Question... I understand the wire diagram Bryon lists on his site for
>> the serial splitter cable is one with a Null modem? Because the
>> serial cable I have from my USB 2 Serial that connects to the serial
>> splitter is also a Null modem and I wonder if that is causing me a
>> conflict now?
>
> 2 null-modems hooked together = 1 straight-through cable.
>
> Whether that's what you want or not, I don't know.

Hmm are you sure? I ordered the straight serial cable anyways everything
works but when the splitter is in the mix it does not just the GPS side..

Having said that I have the tracker connected right now I can transmit
but I can't see anyone else when the packets for them come in.

Amode is set to KISS When I check in text mode I could see the packet
info so I'm a little puzzled at this point.