[Xastir] I finally got it!

John Wilson kc4lzn at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 08:01:25 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-09-16 at 22:44 -0400, Michael Lewis wrote:

> Hmm are you sure? I ordered the straight serial cable anyways
> everything
> works but when the splitter is in the mix it does not just the GPS
> side..
>
> Having said that I have the tracker connected right now I can
> transmit
> but I can't see anyone else when the packets for them come in.

When I first got into Ham Radio, my first TNC was an AEA PK-88. It had a
25 pin RS232 port and I used a 25 - 9 serial cable I had. Last night as
I was testing, still not getting any signals to the computer from the
TT4, I also thought about the cable, thinking that using the Null Modem
cable for communication with Xastir, may not be the right cable and I
should be using a serial cable. Checking pinouts now to confirm my
thoughts.

John