[Xastir] Convert from ozi explorer files to geo

ik jij pe1sbi at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 17 13:15:12 EDT 2010

--- On Tue, 9/14/10, Curt, WE7U <curt.we7u at gmail.com> wrote:

From: Curt, WE7U <curt.we7u at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Xastir] Convert from ozi explorer files to geo
To: "Xastir - APRS client software discussion" <xastir at lists.xastir.org>
Date: Tuesday, September 14, 2010, 11:30 AM

On Sun, 12 Sep 2010, ik jij wrote:

> I am trying to convert some ozi explorer maps to geo with the
> ozi2geo.pl script, but unfortunately without success.
>
> In the convert directory I have two files, for example:
> 51A_Oisterwijk_2004_ozf.map
> 51A_Oisterwijk_2004.ozfx3
>
> The header of 51A_Oisterwijk_2004_ozf.map:
> OziExplorer Map Data File Version 2.2
> 51A_Oisterwijk_2004 Rijksdriehoeksmeting

I think it's the space there that's giving the script trouble.  It
expects to see the filename there but the file contents don't match
your filename.  The resulting .geo file has a filename in it that
doesn't match the filename you have on disk either, so Xastir can't
find it.

Hi Curt,

Thanks for your reply.

I have now solved the problem that Xastir could not find the file. However, it will still not load the file.

Xastir provides the following message:
Magick: No decode delegate for this image format (/usr/local/share/xastir/maps/ozi/51A_Oisterwijk_2004.ozfx3).

I also tried to rename the ozfx3 file to a tiff (the map file suggests that it is a tiff, i think), but then Xastir gives the following message:
Magick: Not a TIFF or MDI file, bad magic number 30592 (0x7780). (/usr/local/share/xastir/maps/ozi/51A_Oisterwijk_2004.tiff).

Is there something else I could try to get it working?

Thanks,
Matty