[Xastir] Convert from ozi explorer files to geo

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 13:28:02 EDT 2010

On Fri, 17 Sep 2010, ik jij wrote:

> I have now solved the problem that Xastir could not find the file. However, it will still not load the file.
>
> Xastir provides the following message:
> Magick: No decode delegate for this image format (/usr/local/share/xastir/maps/ozi/51A_Oisterwijk_2004.ozfx3).
>
> I also tried to rename the ozfx3 file to a tiff (the map file suggests that it is a tiff, i think), but then Xastir gives the following message:
> Magick: Not a TIFF or MDI file, bad magic number 30592 (0x7780). (/usr/local/share/xastir/maps/ozi/51A_Oisterwijk_2004.tiff).

You can't just rename it without knowing for sure what it is.

Try this if you installed ImageMagick:

     identify 51A_Oisterwijk_2004.ozfx3

or this if you installed GraphicsMagick:

     gm identify 51A_Oisterwijk_2004.ozfx3

That should tell you what the file contains.  Once you know that you
should be able to rename the map file, the .geo file, and the map
file name INSIDE the .geo file.  Then reindex maps in Xastir and try

You can also try "display 51A_Oisterwijk_2004.ozfx3" (ImageMagick)
or "gm display 51A_Oisterwijk_2004.ozfx3" (GraphicsMagick) to see if
the IM or GM programs can load/display the map.  That doesn't
guarantee that Xastir + the GM/IM libraries can, but it's another
check along the way.