[Xastir] Convert from ozi explorer files to geo

ik jij pe1sbi at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 19 05:18:57 EDT 2010

--- On Fri, 9/17/10, Curt, WE7U <curt.we7u at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Curt, WE7U <curt.we7u at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Xastir] Convert from ozi explorer files to geo
> To: "Xastir - APRS client software discussion" <xastir at lists.xastir.org>
> Date: Friday, September 17, 2010, 10:28 AM
> On Fri, 17 Sep 2010, ik jij wrote:
>
> > I have now solved the problem that Xastir could not
> find the file. However, it will still not load the file.
> >
> > Xastir provides the following message:
> > Magick: No decode delegate for this image format
> (/usr/local/share/xastir/maps/ozi/51A_Oisterwijk_2004.ozfx3).
> >
> > I also tried to rename the ozfx3 file to a tiff (the
> map file suggests that it is a tiff, i think), but then
> Xastir gives the following message:
> > Magick: Not a TIFF or MDI file, bad magic number 30592
> (0x7780).
> (/usr/local/share/xastir/maps/ozi/51A_Oisterwijk_2004.tiff).
>
> You can't just rename it without knowing for sure what it
> is.
>
> Try this if you installed ImageMagick:
>
>     identify 51A_Oisterwijk_2004.ozfx3
>
> or this if you installed GraphicsMagick:
>
>     gm identify 51A_Oisterwijk_2004.ozfx3
>
> That should tell you what the file contains.  Once you
> know that you
> should be able to rename the map file, the .geo file, and
> the map
> file name INSIDE the .geo file.  Then reindex maps in
> Xastir and try
>
> You can also try "display 51A_Oisterwijk_2004.ozfx3"
> (ImageMagick)
> or "gm display 51A_Oisterwijk_2004.ozfx3" (GraphicsMagick)
> to see if
> the IM or GM programs can load/display the map.  That
> doesn't
> guarantee that Xastir + the GM/IM libraries can, but it's
> another
> check along the way.

For the archive; I tried all four possibilities, but *.ozfx3 is not supported by IM or GM. Eventually, I found a (windows) program to convert the *.ozfx3 files to *.png.

Then I ran the line below to generate the geo files:
for i in `ls *.map`; do printf "$i\n"; ./ozi2geo $i; done

The script below changes to geo file such that it works ;-)
for i in `ls *.geo`; do printf "$i\n"; perl -i -pe 's/ Rijksdriehoeksmeting/.png/g' $i; done

Afterwards, the *.ozfx3 and *.map files can be deleted.

'73
Matty