[Xastir] Maps Offline?

Jerry Dunmire jerry at dunmire.org
Sat Sep 18 10:22:57 EDT 2010

Hi Eldon,
You don't state which maps you are trying to use, but I'm going to
guess you are trying to use the OSM styles (because of the red areas).
The feature you are looking for does not exist at this point, but it
sounds useful and I'll add it to my list of future implementation
ideas.

In the mean time you might want to try some of the vector map formats.
They may not be as pretty as the OSM styles, but they are small, cover
a lot of area, and do not require downloads for each zoom level. They
aren't my area of expertise, but others here on the list can be a big
help.

Finally, since the missing areas are marked as red blocks, I can tell
that you are using an older version of Xastir. The newer version uses
transparent areas for the missing blocks.

73,
...jerry
KA6HLD