[Xastir] Maps Offline?

James Ewen ve6srv at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 12:22:09 EDT 2010

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 8:22 AM, Jerry Dunmire <jerry at dunmire.org> wrote:

> Finally, since the missing areas are marked as red blocks, I can tell
> that you are using an older version of Xastir. The newer version uses
> transparent areas for the missing blocks.

On APRSISCE/32 Lynn displays the tiles from lower zoom levels if the
higher zoom level tiles are missing. It can get pretty blocky and
fuzzy if you are trying to zoom into some high detail when you only
have a wide area tile, but it would be better than nothing.

Lynn also automatically fetches the current zoom level, and 2 zoom
levels lower when viewing an area. This lets you zoom in two levels
closer for any area downloaded when you're offline later.

Shapefiles are the way to go, and a better rendering engine would make
them as pretty, or prettier than what you see on the OSM tiles. I'd
put that up high on the priority list for the phantomware Xastir 2.0

Yeah, I don't do any work on the program, I just poke my head in once
and a while and whine...

James
VE6SRV