[Xastir] Maps Offline?

Kurt Savegnago ksaves2 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 18 21:22:44 EDT 2010

Only problem with APRSISCE is the map tiles are too faint.  Can't make them any darker.  Yeah, yeah, I know one can change the contrast but the
darkest level is not dark enough for my taste.  For night time use they're fine.

There are some instructions one has to follow so the maps are stored in the cache for any length of time and are not automatically erased.  Easy enough to find and follow so I can't slant the program there.  Just too
darned light.

I've fired up APRSISCE 32 and get get the tiles about as dark as on an
XP machine, but I can't get it to accept position reports.  In otherwords,
my station is the only one displayed.  I have the machine connected to the internet.  The upstairs XP version will be getting reports online right and left of the local area.

Sorry about being OT but I like having a couple of programs handy to run
depending what I feel like.  I use Xastir the most though.

                                 Kurt KC9LDH