[Xastir] Problem with xastir 1.9.8

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 09:07:25 EDT 2010

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010, Larry Shields wrote:

> *I seem to be having a problem with xastir version 1.9.8, when it is running,
> I have noticed that in the terminal when I have selected from the maps what I
> want to use it says this:
>
> magic: Improper image header
> /home/larry/.xastir/map-cache/map_1284980743.gif
> 1 file could not be read
>
> Does anyone know what the problem maybe...???

The internet server that you got that particular tile from sent you
an error message in the image most likely.  You can look at that GIF
file to see, then delete it from the cache.

What internet server were you using to get it?  If 1.9.8, probably
Tigermap and it's old?  Tigermap server is now no more.  You'll need
a later 1.9.9 to use Open Street Map servers.